If you’re looking for the best grow lights for autoflowering plants, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll look at some of the best options on the market and help you decide which one is best for you. We will discuss factors like light intensity, spectrum, coverage area, and more to help you choose the best grow lights for your autoflowering plants. So whether you’re a seasoned grower or new to indoor gardening, read on to learn more about the best grow lights for autoflowering plants!
Overview of the best grow lights for autoflowering
Best 1000W LED Grow Light
MARS HYDRO TS 1000W Led Grow Light
- 1000 Watt
- 3x3ft Daisy Chain Dimmable Full Spectrum
- Highly Reflective Hood
Best Overall (Best Budget)
Wills 1000W COB LED Grow Light
- Light Source: LED (58 LEDs & 2 COBs)
- Full Spectrum
- Dual Switch Dual Chips
- 3 Lighting Modes
DR.BIGG Full Spectrum Cree COB Grow Light
- Light Source: HPS, LED
- Veg and Bloom Dual Switch
- CREE COB 5000K & 600nm
What are autoflowering plants, and why do you need specialized grow lights for them?
Autoflowering plants are a type of cannabis plant that automatically begin to flower and mature without the need for changes in light cycles or other triggers. These plants are unique because they require specialized grow lights to thrive and produce the best yields. To best care for these unique plants, it is important to use high-quality grow lights that can provide optimal light intensity and spectrum for plants and a large coverage area to ensure the best growth and flowering.
How much light does an autoflower need?
The amount of light an autoflowering plant requires will depend on several factors, such as the grow lights being used and the size and shape of your grow space. Generally speaking, plants grown indoors under artificial lighting require around 40 to 50 watts per square foot for best results.
Do autos need a dark period?
Autoflowering plants do not require a dark period to flower and mature, since these processes occur automatically. However, it is still important to provide your plants with as much light as possible for the best results, since autoflowering plants are particularly sensitive to light intensity and spectrum changes. Thus, you should use high-quality grow lights that deliver consistent light output for the best results.
Can autoflowers get too much light?
Yes, it is possible for autoflowering plants to get too much light. Over-exposure to high light levels can cause leaf burn and damage your plant’s foliage. Additionally, in excess light levels can potentially lead to rapid growth rates that are difficult to maintain and control, which can impact the quality of your yields
What is the best grow light for autoflowers?
There is no single best grow light for autoflowers, as different growers may have different needs and preferences. However, some of the best options on the market include LED grow lights, HID grow lights (such as metal halide or high-pressure sodium), CFLs, or T5 fluorescent tubes. These types of lights all have certain advantages and disadvantages, so it is best to carefully consider your needs and budget before making a final decision about the best grow light for your autoflowers. For example, if you’re looking for a grow light with maximum light intensity and coverage area, LED or HID grow lights may be the best choice. Alternatively, if you are working on a tight budget or want a smaller, more energy-efficient option, CFLs or T5 fluorescent tubes may be the best choice. Full spectrum lights are also a great option for autoflowers, as they provide all of the light wavelengths needed to support optimal growth and flowering. Check our in-depth article on “what to know before buying led grow lights? Best LED grow lights review“.
Download our complete guide to choose the best grow lights for indoor plants
How to choose the right grow lights for autoflowering?
There are several factors to consider when choosing the best grow lights for autoflowering plants. These includes:
Light intensity: The best grow lights for autoflowering plants should provide high light intensity levels to help support plant growth and development. This can be measured in terms of brightness, also known as lumens or PAR, or the ability to penetrate deep into the plant canopy.
Spectrum: To get the best results from your autoflowering plants, it is important to select grow lights that provide a full-spectrum light, including both red and blue wavelengths. This will help your plants achieve optimal growth and flowering by supporting photosynthesis, chlorophyll production, and other key plant processes. Check our in-depth article on the grow light distance chart and grow light spectrum.
Coverage area: The best grow lights for autoflowering plants should offer a large coverage area to place plants close together without overlap. This is especially important for smaller autoflowering plants, which may not have the same light-absorbing capacity as larger plants grown outdoors.
Other considerations: In addition to these key factors, other considerations may be important for your growing setup. For example, you may want to look for grow lights with adjustable height options or a cooling system to help keep plants from overheating. With the right grow lights and care, your autoflowering plants can flourish and produce beautiful yields!
The best grow lights for autoflowering review
Here are the bestgrow lights for autoflowering available in the market:
1. Best 1000w led grow light
- It is one of the highly recommended 1000 watt led grow light in amazon.
- The TS1000 grow light has a highly- reflective hood and upgraded white reflector design that is patented. With a refraction angle of 120°, it can cover a wider reflector range to enhance its light intensity and assist plants in absorbing more light. The actual power of TS1000 is 150 watts, while other brands’ model 1000 only produces 100 watts.
- The grow light’s new diode layout is more efficient and uniform than other brands. Perfect for a 2.5×2.5 ft space with maximum coverage of 3×3 ft, plants can absorb over 90% of the light energy. Whether you’re using it in a MARS HYDRO grow tent, reflective area, or crossing over multiple TS series LED lights, this grow light will provide higher intensity and more even coverage.
- The MARS HYDRO TS 1000 Plants Growing lamp uses only 150W with 354 LEDs, 30% more efficient than alternatives like HPS/MH lights. This product also employs the newest SMD LED technology to provide the highest PAR/LUMEN output, saving up to 50% energy compared to other led grow lights today.
- This led grow light 1000w is the sunlike full spectrum LED indoor grow light! This light provides spectra that make most of the light in the 400-700nm waveband, which is ideal for all plants in all stages of growth. Additionally, it has a rapid plant response from seed to flower and increased yield & crop quality.
- The Dimmable & Daisy Chain feature of this grow light is top-notch. There’s an independent dimming button on the external drive with adjustable 0-100% settings, and up to 60 LEDs can be daisy-chained together. Additionally, the auto-sensing power supply works for both 120VAC and 240VAC, and 277VAC, which is perfect for large rooms or personal setups!
- The Fanless Professional LED grow system design will make your growing life easy and quiet. Reduce light lost to aisles and walls by quickly heat dispersing material aluminum, increasing the light intensity to 20%. This allows your plants receive more energy without burning them for maximum growth potential.
2. Wills 1000w COB LED grow light (best overall)
- LED Power: 1000W
- LED Type: 58 LEDs + 2 COBs
- Actual Power: 230 watt ±3%
- PPFD: 1632 umol/m2s
- Dimensions: 15.75×2.36×10.24 inches
- Core Coverage: 3.4х3.1 ft
- Lifespan: 50,000hours
- Input: AC 100-265V, 50-60Hz
- This light bulb saves energy with a power of only 230 watts. The best hanging height is 24 inches, and the core coverage area is 40 by 40 feet (3.3 x 3.3 ft). However, this light bulb’s maximum coverage area is 42 by 42 feet (3.5 x 3.5 ft).
- Compared to HPS HID and MH lights, this one is more scientifically designed and efficient- if you’re looking for an all-purpose light, this is the convenient choice!
- This COB LED lamp uses a full spectrum design bead, with additional light beads in various bands to ensure a scientific full spectrum. It contains 2pcs COB, 40pcs 630-660nm, 8pcs 460nm,4pcs 6000k, 4pc 3000K, and 2 IR beams.
- These COB grow lights have two built-in high-speed fans for better cooling and lower noise. The metal housing with vents helps dissipate heat, keeping the light cool and extending its lifespan.
- This package includes the following items: 1x 1000w cob led grow light; 1x plugs power cord; 1x thermometer; 1xs adjustable rope and, 1x stainless steel hanging hook kits
3. Dr. Bigg full spectrum Cree COB LED grow light (best warranty)
- LED: Cree COB white 5000K, Samsung LM301B 3000K and red 660nm
- Beam Angle: switchable between 90° lens and 120° reflector
- Dimensions: 19.68 X 7.87 X 2.56 inches
- Input Voltage: AC 100-240V
- Frequency: 50-60Hz
- Veg and bloom dual channel.
- Top-bin Samsung LM301B and Cree СОВ.
- Balanced design with COB and SMD technology.
- Sunlike full spectrum.
- The CREE COB 5000K Cold White light is great for plants in the vegetative stage, while the Samsung LM301B 3000K Warm White and 660nm Red light help with flowering and fruiting.
- The intensity of the light is adjustable with this product, allowing you to change it based on what stage your plants are in. For example, the flat lens is for the vegetative stages, including seedling and clone growth, while the 90 degrees optic lens is better for the bloom and fruiting stages. Additionally, COB lenses increase PAR (PPFD) by up to 50%.
- This reflector is unique and highly efficient, increasing PAR (PPFD) output and canopy penetration by up to 150%. This results in a more uniform footprint.
- Recommended for vegetative growth in a 4’x4.5’ area and flowering in a 4’x3′ space, this light is Energy Saving: it’s equivalent to 2000W HPS/MH grow lights but uses only 220W.
- Comes with 30-day satisfaction or return policy.
Tips for effectively using grow lights for autoflowering
1. Choose the best grow lights for your particular setup and growing conditions. There are many different types of grow lights, each with its strengths and weaknesses, so it is important to research to find the best option for you.
2. Pay attention to light intensity and spectrum when choosing your grow lights. As mentioned above, these are key factors that can greatly impact the growth and flowering of your autoflowering plants, so it is important to select lights that provide optimal levels in these areas.
3. Make sure to position your grow lights correctly for best results. For best results, you should place your grow lights as close as possible to the tops of your plants but not so close that the heat becomes a problem. You may also need to adjust the height of your lights as your plants grow to ensure even coverage throughout the plant canopy.
4. Provide high-quality care for your autoflowering plants, including adequate water and nutrients, proper spacing between plants, and good ventilation. With the right care and the use of high-quality grow lights, you can maximize your plant yields and get the best results from your autoflowering plants.
Is 20 hours of light too much for an autoflower plant?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as the best light schedule for autoflower plants will depend on several factors, including the type and intensity of your grow lights, the temperature and humidity levels in your growing environment, and more. If you are concerned about potentially over-stimulating your autoflower plant with too much light, you may want to start with a lower light schedule and gradually increase it over time as needed. Ultimately, the best way to determine how much light your plant can handle is to experiment and monitor its growth and development closely.
How far should LED grow lights be from autoflowers?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as the best distance for LED grow lights from autoflowers will depend on several factors, including the intensity and type of your lights, the size and spacing of your plants, and more. Generally speaking, placing your LED grow lights as close as possible (between 16-36 inches) to your plants is best while maintaining a comfortable level of heat. You may also want to experiment with different distances at various stages of your plants’ growth, as autoflowers may have different light needs at different times.
How many days do autoflowers take?
Autoflowers typically take 60-90 days to complete the flowering process, depending on various factors such as environmental conditions, genetics, etc. The best way to ensure a successful harvest is to provide optimal care at every stage of your autoflower plants’ growth and keep a close eye on their progress throughout this process.
What is the best light cycle for autoflower?
The best grow lights for autoflowering provide your plants with a consistent 12-12 light cycle, or 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness each day. This ensures that your plants grow at a consistent rate, producing buds and flowers at the same time.
Can we use 12/12 light cycle for autoflower?
Many growers find a 12/12 light cycle ideal for autoflowering plants. These plants tend to grow best in sunny environments with consistent sunlight, and the 12/12 light cycle mimics this natural cycle. Additionally, this light schedule promotes healthy growth by giving plants adequate darkness during their flowering phase. If you are looking for the best grow lights for autoflowering plants, consider investing in a high-quality 12/12 light setup. This will help ensure optimal growth and blooming while minimizing the risk of stress or damage to your plants.
What is the best wattage for autoflowering?
The best wattage for autoflowering plants will depend on several factors, including the size and type of your grow space. Generally speaking; however, it is best to opt for high-quality LED lights that provide between 200-400 watts of power. This will help ensure that your plants receive sufficient light and energy throughout their growth cycle. Additionally, choosing a quality LED light will help ensure that your plants are not exposed to harsh, damaging UV radiation.
Learn everything about hydroponics, from the basics to advanced techniques.