Walls and ceilings in a grow room are important for many reasons. One of the most important is to keep the environment inside consistent. The right grow room wall panel can help control your grow room's climate, moisture levels, and reflectivity. This article will discuss some of the different materials for grow room wall panel, that you can use, as well as tips on setting up your grow room for optimal performance.
Overview of the best grow room wall panel
Easy To Clean
HFS Diamond Film Foil Roll
- 4FT x 50FT
- Material - Aluminum Mylar and PE Laminated Material
AES Industries Infrared IR Blocker Insulator
- 100' Long x 4' Wide
- Developed Using Revolutionary NEW IR Blocking technology
What is wall panel?
Wall panel, also known as wall covering, is a long-lasting material that can cover the walls and ceilings of your grow room. There are many different materials that you can choose from, including flat white paint, poly plastic, orca grow film, foylon, mylar, and PVC panels. Each material has its benefits and drawbacks, depending on your needs and preferences.
Types of materials available for grow room walls
There are many different materials that you can use to cover the walls and ceilings of your grow room. Some of the most common options are:
Flat white paint: This is a classic and versatile option that can be easily applied to most surfaces. Flat white paint offers good reflectivity, making it ideal for growers looking to maximize light exposure in their grow room. Also, it is easy to clean and maintain, so you can keep your grow room looking pristine. However, this material may not be the best choice if you grow cannabis to produce buds. Also, flat white paint can be easily scratched or damaged, so it may need to be regularly reapplied.
Polyplastic: This is a popular choice for many growers due to its affordability and durability. Polyplastic is available in a range of reflective colors, making it easy to create the perfect look for your grow room. Unlike other materials, polyplastic is usually easy to clean and does not need to be periodically replaced.This material is typically resistant to mold and mildew growth, making it an ideal choice for growers concerned about plant disease. However, this material tends to be less reflective than other options, so it may not be ideal for maximizing light exposure.
Orca grow film: This material is made of durable plastic coated with reflective metals and can easily be applied to most surfaces. Orca grow film offers excellent reflectivity, making it ideal for promoting bud growth and maximizing light exposure. However, this material can be more expensive than other options, and it may not be the right choice for growers on a budget.
Foylon: This is an ultra-reflective plastic film treated with a UV protective coating to help prevent mold growth and plant disease. Foylon is highly durable and can be easily applied to most surfaces. However, it may not be ideal for those looking for a more affordable option.
PVC panels: These are durable and flexible plastic panels that can easily be cut to fit your grow room walls. PVC panels are available in various reflectivity and color options, making them easy to customize to suit your needs. However, this material can be more difficult to install than other options, and it may not be suitable for all growers.
Mylar: This highly reflective plastic film is often used to line grow room walls and ceilings. Mylar offers excellent reflectivity, making it a great choice for maximizing light exposure and promoting bud growth. Also, it is quite affordable so it may be a good choice for growers on a budget. However, mylar can be difficult to cut and install properly, so you may need to hire professional help for this task.
Best grow room wall panel review
Here are the top grow room wall panel available in the market.
1. HFS highly reflective film (easy to clean)
- This grow room wall panel is made of durable aluminum mylar and PE laminated material, 4 feet wide and 50 feet long. It's also six mils thick for extra protection.
- The surface is processed by diamond embossing to provide a uniform multi-angle reflecting surface. This eliminates hot spots in the grow room by evenly spreading and reflecting light.
- This fabric is wear-resistant, waterproof, anti-corrosion, anti-crease, and easy to clean.
- The diamond-embossed surface easily reduces indoor heat, maintains a stable temperature indoors, and creates an ideal environment for plant growth.
2. Vivosun highly reflective mylar film roll (premium)
- The aluminum paint-coated film is of premium quality and increases the intensity and evenness of light. The mylar film on both sides improves reflectivity to 95%, ensuring maximum efficiency with light usage.
- This 4ft. by 100ft. reflective film is big enough to cover all of your demands, such as covering the outdoor grow room; You also could cut the film into different sizes to fit your other purposes.
- This mylar film is reflective, tear-resistant, and long-lasting; It's also waterproof, so you can easily wipe it clean with a wet cloth.
- If you don't need the film, roll it up for later; The included sealing cover will wrap around the film and keep it clean.
3. AES industries infrared IR blocker insulator (best insulation)
- This roll is 100' long and 4' wide, contains an insulator, and has a reflective liner!
- The new IR Blocking technology is revolutionizing the way to reduce heat signatures. This technology consists of two outer layers of reflective Mylar material and an inner layer of insulation. Together, these layers can reduce conductive heat flow by up to 97%. The addition of a Polyurethane layer provides extra strength and reliability.
- IR Blocker is world-renowned for its ability to insulate grow rooms while also maximizing light energy efficiency. Line walls, ceilings, and even floors so that no lumen is wasted. More light = more plant growth!
What to look for in a grow room wall covering
When choosing a wall covering for your grow room, there are several factors that you should consider. These includes:
Material's reflectivity: The material you choose for your grow room walls should be highly reflective to maximize light exposure and promote bud growth. Options like orca grow film, foylon, and mylar are typically the most reflective materials available.
Material's durability: In addition to reflectivity, it is important to consider a wall covering's durability when making your choice. Materials like polyplastic, PVC panels, and foylon are highly durable and can easily withstand wear and tear over time. However, other options like flat white paint may not be as resilient, so you may need to reapply or replace it more often.
Cost: Cost is another important factor to consider when choosing a wall covering for your grow room. Different materials can vary significantly in price, so evaluating your budget and finding a material that fits your budget constraints is important.
Installation: In addition to the initial cost of purchasing a wall covering for your grow room, you will also need to consider the cost and effort required for proper installation. Some materials like mylar are easy to install, while others may require professional installation or specialized tools. When weighing the pros and cons of a certain material, consider the installation process as well. With careful planning and attention to detail, you can find a grow room wall covering that meets your needs and fits your budget.
Moisture-resistant: To promote healthy bud growth, it is important that your grow room walls are moisture-resistant. Moisture can lead to mold growth and plant disease, so you will want to choose a well-protected wall covering against damp conditions. Options like mylar or flat white paint may be ideal for this purpose, as they tend to be more resistant to moisture than other materials.
Eco-friendly: If you are concerned about minimizing your impact on the environment, it is important to choose a material for your grow room walls that is eco-friendly. Luckily, many options are available that do not contain harmful chemicals or toxins, making them ideal for those looking to grow both indoors and organically. For example, orca grow film and polyplastic are both eco-friendly alternatives that can help you grow healthier and more sustainable plants.
Fire-resistant: If you use grow lights or other lighting systems in your grow room, there is always a fire risk. Choosing a wall covering fire-resistant material can help protect your plants and equipment from any potential hazards. Options like polyplastic and PVC panels are both well-known for their high resistance to heat and flames, making them ideal choices for grow rooms with lighting systems.
Design flexibility: When choosing a wall covering for your grow room, it is important to consider the design flexibility of the material you choose. Some materials, like PVC panels and mylar are more rigid in construction, which may limit your ability to create unique designs and patterns on your walls. On the other hand, options like flat white paint or foylon offer more flexibility and allow for more creativity in your grow room design. You can create the perfect space to grow your cannabis plants with the right materials and imagination.
Low maintenance: To successfully grow cannabis plants, you will need to maintain your grow room regularly. This means choosing a wall covering material that is low maintenance and easy to care for is important. Options like orca grow film, and polyplastic are both known for their durability and high resistance against moisture and mold, making them ideal for those who would rather spend their time growing plants than maintaining their walls. With the right material, you can focus on what matters: cultivating healthy, vibrant cannabis plants.
Download our complete guide to choose the best grow lights for indoor plants
How to choose the best wall covering?
Choosing the best wall covering for your grow room can be challenging, but with the right planning and research, you can create a perfect space for cultivating healthy cannabis plants. here are some factors to consider when making your selection:
1. Consider the materials used in the construction of your wall covering, as this can impact its durability, lifespan, and ability to withstand moisture or mold buildup.
2. Think about how much light you will need in your grow room, and select a material that offers adequate reflectivity for optimized plant growth.
3. Consider the aesthetic of your wall covering, as this can affect the overall look and feel of your grow room.
4. Take measurements of your walls, so you know exactly how much material to order, and plan for any additional accessories or tools you may need for a successful installation.
5. Consult with a builder or lighting expert to determine the best materials and design for your needs. Don't hesitate to contact other cannabis growers or grow room professionals for advice and recommendations.
Benefits of using wall panel
There are many benefits to using a wall panel in your grow room. Some of the most important includes:
Climate control: By using reflective wall panels, you can help keep the temperature, and humidity levels in your grow room consistent. This is important for maintaining healthy plants and optimal growing conditions. These panels can also help prevent light from escaping, which helps keep your grow room dark and discreet.
Ease of use: Using wall panels is a simple way to cover the walls of your grow room. Many of these materials are flexible and easy to install, making them ideal for new and experienced growers. Also, cleaning and maintaining your grow room is simple, as most of these materials can be easily wiped down with a damp cloth.
Appearance: While the main purpose of using wall panels is to provide optimal growing conditions, many growers also appreciate the aesthetic appearance and design options these materials offer. Various colors, textures, and styles are available, making it easy to create a customized look for your grow room.
Cost-effectiveness: Many of these materials are affordable and easy to find, making them an excellent choice for hobbyists and commercial growers. Whether you are looking for an economical or a more high-end option, there is something to suit your needs and budget.
Reflectivity: Many of these materials are highly reflective, which helps maximize light exposure and cultivation efficiency. Choosing a material with good reflectivity can help ensure that your grow room is properly lit.
Increased efficiency: Using wall panels in your grow room is a great way to boost efficiency and optimize your cultivation process. This is because these materials help improve light distribution and heat retention and control the climate inside your grow room.
Plant disease control: Certain materials, such as foylon and PVC panels, can help protect your plants from disease by preventing mold and mildew growth. These materials are also less likely to harbor pathogens that could harm your plants.
Cannabis bud growth: If you are growing cannabis to produce buds, choosing a wall panel that is conducive to bud growth is important. Some materials, such as mylar and orca grow film, can help maximize light exposure and promote healthy plant development.
Learn everything about hydroponics, from the basics to advanced techniques.