If you are a plant lover, then you know that the best way to care for your plants is to water them. Choosing the best watering can for your plants is a difficult task, but it doesn’t need to be. Do you want something that will last forever? Or do you just want one that works well and won’t break when dropped? This blog post provides a list of different types of watering cans with their pros and cons so that you can find the perfect one for your needs!
Overview of the best watering can
Best Galvanized (Vintage)
IKEA Vattenkrasse Galvanized Can
- Dimension: 1.97 x 5.91 x 3.94 inches
- Weight: 9.1 ounces
- Functional and Decorative
- Rust free
- Vintage/ Classic
The Best Steel Made
Behrens 2.5 Gallon Steel Watering Can
- Dimensions: 19.5 x 11 x 14 inches
- Weight: 4.7 lbs
- Capacity: 2.5 Gallons
- Vintage And Classic Look
The Best Plastic Made
Cado 2 Gallon Watering Can, Hunter Green
- Dimensions: 17 x 7.25 x 13 inches
- Weight: 0.8 lbs
- Capacity: 2 Gallons
- Dual-Handle Design
- Weather Resistant Plastic
Types of Watering Cans
There are different types of plant watering cans available in the market. These garden watering can come in different colors, sizes, and capacities and are made of different materials.
Top 5 Best Watering Cans Reviews
Here are the five best watering cans in the market!
1. IKEA Vattenkrasse Watering Can (Best Galvanized Watering Can)
- This vintage-style galvanized steel watering can is both functional and decorative.
- This decorative watering can match a plant pot to suit your style.
- A surprising and playful decoration that will be a unique eye-catcher in your home.
- It is made up of galvanized steel, which provides good protection against rust.
- Suitable as indoor watering can.
- It is a metal watering can, so more durable and easy to use.
- This small watering can hold only 4 cups of water, so it needs to be refilled several times if you have a lot of plants to water.
2. Behrens 2.5 Gallon Steel Watering Can (Best Steel Watering Can)
- It has a durable strength of steel.
- Vintage or classic look
- It is recyclable.
- Rosehead cannot be removed.
- It is a high-quality watering can.
- This classic hot-dipped steel watering can has a large rosette that disperses water stronger than plastic.
- Extra-large capacity holds two and a half gallons of water for less traveling back and forth between plants and water sources.
- To get a full blast of water, all you need to do is tip the can forward.
- The sprinkle head is not removable.
- It is a large watering can and can be quite heavy when full.
3. Cado 2 Gallon Watering Can, Hunter Green (Best Plastic Watering Can)
- Plastic blow, Mold 2-gallon watering can
- Size: 17 x 7.25 x 13 inches
- Color: Hunter green
- It holds 2 gallons and has 1.5 Inch Opening
- Weather resistant plastic
- Large water capacity and better control.
- The dual-handle design accommodates multiple hand positions for better maneuverability and control.
- It may be a little difficult to clean inside.
4. Bloem Watering Can (Adjustable And Dual Handle Design)
- It can hold 2.6 gallons
- It has an easy dual-handle design with one hinged handle for easy pouring and movability, and it eases stress on your wrists.
- 2-in-1 Adjustable water spout rotates to offer a light shower or heavy stream depending on the plant’s needs.
- A filling hole is located on the side, so the handles don’t get in the way.
- 100% UV stabilized polypropylene plastic ensures long-lasting color and withstands extreme weather conditions + BPA free.
- The holes in the sprinkler head are just the right size, so small plants aren’t crushed in a deluge.
- The spout can be removed for cleaning.
- Easy to use. The sprinkler head screws onto the spout, so it will not fall off.
- The filler opening is in the back, so the handle doesn’t interfere with filling the can.
- It is a garden watering used best as outdoor watering can. However, the spout is a bit shorter.
5. Novelty Indoor Watering Can ( Best Plastic Indoor Watering Can With Long Spout)
- The indoor watering can measures15 x 4.5 x 8.5 inches.
- Holds a ½ gallon.
- Easy-to-use watering can for indoor use and comes with a custom handle.
- The long-stem spout helps control water flow.
- Durable, impact-resistant plastic.
- Available in green, white, and red colors.
- The loop handle is designed to make it easier to pour water comfortably.
- The long-stem spout and small opening allow you to control the water flow to your plants and make it easier to water those hard-to-reach places.
- The filling hole is offset, so the handle does not get wet when you fill it.
- It tends to tip, so you must be very careful about the angle when you put it down or even carry it.
- You could have a hard time filling it because of the placement and size of the opening at the top.
Do you even need a watering can?
The necessity of watering can depend on the area of your garden. Of course, a watering can is worthless for those who have large gardens and lawns as they have a hose or other irrigation systems for their garden. But watering can be very handy to those who garden in small areas, such as balconies or rooftops, in pots or small containers.
What can you do with a watering can? When is a watering can useful?
Watering cans are useful for watering plants manually. Old watering pots (especially the copper and brass watering can be reused as flowering pots for classic and vintage looks.
Is it better to use a watering can?
Yes, of course. Watering cans have a sprinkler that helps to water your whole plants, including leaves, flowers, and roots in the soil. Especially in small plants and seedlings, direct watering through a hose may damage the plants due to forceful watering. So, it is better to use watering cans.
What are the advantages of using a haws watering can?
The main advantage of using Haws Watering Pot is that it offers precise control over the amount of water.
Do copper watering cans rust?
Metal watering cans, such as steel and aluminum, will not rust, but they will be heavier than plastic ones, whereas brass and copper watering can rust over time. However, the copper and brass watering can make a beautiful decoration when not in use.
How to master gardening? Download these essential home and gardening ebooks today!