Do you want to start a vegetable garden but don’t have the space? Vertical garden planters are an excellent way to grow your own produce while adding some character and color. They’re perfect for those who live in small spaces or apartments, as well as those who just want something beautiful on their patio. In this blogpost we will discuss some of the best vertical garden planters available today!
Overview of the best garden planters
3-Tier Stackable Vertical Planter
- Material: Plastic
- Color: Gray
- Free Standing
- Consists Of 3 Mr. Stacky Planters & Drip Tray
- Soil Volume-14 Quarts
Mr. Stacky 5-Tier Strawberry Planter Pot
- Material: Plastic
- Color: Terracotta Orange
- Free Standing
- Weight: 3 pounds
- Soil Volume: 24 Quarts
What Are Vertical Garden Planters?
Vertical garden planters use a tower design to maximize space. They usually consist of three or more tiers that allow you to grow more vegetables in smaller areas. You may rotate each tier as your plants grow, giving them access to more sunlight and room to grow. Or you can also use vertical wall mounts or grow bags attached to a wall or fence.
Of course, there are several ways you can make your vertical garden planters, but the easiest way is to purchase one already made for you! You fill it with soil or potting mix, plant your seeds or seedlings, and watch them grow. If you take good care of them and keep them fed and watered, you’ll be eating fresh vegetables in no time!
What Are The Advantages Of Vertical Garden Planters?
Vertical garden planters have several advantages over traditional gardens.
- Vertical gardens take up far less space than a traditional garden does.
- A vertical garden planter can easily fit on a patio, balcony, or windowsill—where a traditional garden wouldn’t fit.
- They also make it easier to grow vegetables in an urban environment because they take up less space and are easier to maintain than a traditional garden.
How To Build A Vertical Garden Planter? How Do You Arrange Plants In A Vertical Garden?
There are several ways of arranging plants in a vertical planter indoors. Here are some vertical garden planters DIY ideas you may like:
- Self-Watering Vertical Planter
- Freestanding Vertical Garden Planter
- Hanging Outdoor Wall Planter /Pocketed Wall Panel
- Upside Down Hanging Planter
- Upright Garden Planters
- Hanging Window Shelves
- Succulents Frame (For Growing An Indoor Vertical Succulent Garden)
- Vertical Planter Wall (Vertical Garden Wall Planter)
- Outdoor Vertical Planters (Outdoor Vertical Garden Planter)
- Vertical Vegetable Garden Planters
- Vertical Hanging Garden Planter / Hanging Planters
What Are The Best Vertical Garden Options? (Review)
Now that we’ve discussed what vertical garden planters are, and their advantages let’s take a look at some of the best products you can find today!
1. 3-Tier Stackable Vertical Planter – (Best Value)
- The 3 tier stackable freestanding vertical garden planter is the perfect way to grow fresh herbs, flowers, berries, or vegetables indoors or outdoors.
- The three tiers are designed to work together so you can plant from the top down. Each tier is constructed with high-quality plastic.
- It would be best if you watered the top pot to maintain 12 plants, making it easy to keep your plants hydrated.
- A great way to grow strawberries, herbs, peppers, flowers, and succulents indoors or outdoors.
- Also, they are great ideal gifts for your gardening buddies.
- The product is sturdy and lightweight.
- Easy to assemble.
- Ideal for gifts.
- You must constantly rotate the planters to have the sun hit all the other plants.
- Not truly self-watering. It would be best if you watered the top pot regularly, which flows through the other pots to keep the plants hydrated.
2. Mr. Stacky 5-Tier Strawberry Planter Pot (Best Overall)
- It is a freestanding easy-grow tower
- Includes five orange-colored terracotta planters with bottom saucer
- Strong, flexible, and lightweight
- Great for growing strawberries, herbs, flowers, and succulents using limited space.
- Need to water top pot, which can take care of plants growing across five tiers (20 planting spots).
- Make great gifts.
- The flow-through design promotes proper drainage.
- Plastic is thick and sturdy.
- Easy to assemble.
- The planter may be a little smaller if you use this to grow strawberries, as the strawberry roots require more room to develop fully.
- The bottom plate retains water which may soak the bottom planter. So watering could be a little tricky.
3. 6-Ft Raised Garden Bed Planter Box (Premium)
- Each hanging plastic box container is 27″, which provides adequate room for your plants.
- Good for growing various herbs, seeds, flowers, succulents, or vegetables in just a single area at home.
- Plastic bins are made from 100% polypropylene material that is food safe (BPA-free, lead-free, mercury-free).
- This mobile vertical garden bed is built with high-quality materials to ensure the stability of the combined weight of soil, water, and plants.
- The freestanding vertical garden frame and planter boxes are weather-resistant, making them suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Attractive and sturdy.
- Modern ergonomic design that is aesthetically pleasing.
- Very well-designed and professionally arranged for easy assembly.
- Have to drill extra holes for proper drainage.
4. 4Ft-5 Tier Vertical Raised Garden Bed Planter
- Each hanging plastic box container is 22.”
- Saves space
- Good to grow a variety of herbs, seeds, flowers, succulents, or vegetables vertically
- They are made of food-safe polypropylene material.
- Built with high-quality materials to ensure stability
- Weather-resistant, thus suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- The planter is space-efficient and easy to assemble
- Well-built and sturdy
- The planters have two grooves, so they really “snap” in securely
- All the drain holes are on the same side, causing the water to flow straight through without watering across the containers.
- You may have to drill extra holes yourself for proper drainage
5. Ogrmar 36 Pockets Vertical Wall Garden Planter
- Wall Mount Planter
- 36 Felt Pockets to Hold Living or Artificial Plants
- Pockets Size- 6.2 x 6.2 inches.
- Mount easily on a fence or wall
- Easily attach to a fence using zip ties or mount on a wall using hooks, nails, or screws to create a space-saving garden.
- Good for growing strawberries, cilantro, basil, oregano, arugula, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and many other delicious fruits, herbs, or vegetables right outside your kitchen door.
- The sturdy felt cups are roomy enough to take a small pot or fill directly with potting soil.
- Moisture is held in the pouch to nourish the root ball while the breathable material lets air circulate the plant for optimum growing conditions.
- As the seasons change, you can easily swap plants in and out of the cloth containers to keep the look of your tiered garden fresh and vibrant.
- Lightweight design
- Simple to install
- It would be nice if there was a plastic gutter included on the bottom row to store water overflow or to protect the wall.
These vertical garden planters will make it easy to grow vegetables without too much space. You’ll enjoy fresh greens all year round with these simple-to-use products. And they look great too! Check them out now and see which one is right for you!
Vertical gardens are easy to make and maintain and can be used in various ways. They provide food, décor, or both. Most importantly, vertical gardens save space by efficiently using the precious ground you have available to you.
Vertical Garden Planters For Beginners
Vertical gardens are ideal for beginners since they’re simple to operate. You may put vertical wall planters on your walls and grow various veggies and plants indoors. Small herbs like basil, or bigger crops like squash, may be grown. Because your greens are kept indoors away from predators, you’ll have less to worry about pests.
Growing an Indoor Vertical Vegetable Garden: How To Make Vertical Vegetable Garden Planters?
Making your vertical garden planters look good can be challenging if you’ve never grown anything before. It’s hard to know what to do or how to get started. Fortunately, even beginners can grow something amazing with just a little work. All you need are some simple instructions for making vegetable garden planters! Read more to learn about how to create an indoor vertical garden.
Are vertical gardens the best method to grow plants?
Yes, vertical gardening is one of the best methods for growing plants, especially if you are a plant lover but do not have a large space to grow them.
What can I plant in a vertical pocket planter or in a vertical garden?
You can plant almost any vegetables that you want. Vertical gardens allow you to plant carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers (hot, sweet, or a combination of both), basil, and many more.
Is vertical garden easy to maintain?
Yes, a vertical garden is easy to maintain. Only water your plants as needed. You can select plants that do not need a lot of maintenance, and it could be as simple as adding water or fertilizer every few weeks.
How to master gardening? Download these essential home and gardening ebooks today!