Do you have kids that are interested in gardening? If so, then a kids gardening kit is the perfect way to get them started! These kits come with everything kids need to grow their own plants and vegetables! The kids gardening kit is great for teaching kids about nature, as well as providing some childhood memories they’ll never forget.
Overview of the best gardening kit for kids
G & F Just For Kids – Kids Gardening Kit
- Includes: 1 Shovel, 1 Rake, 1 Hoe, and 1 Leaf Rake
- Sturdy & Durable
- Recommended For 5 Years & Up
Kinderific Gardening Set, Tool Kit For Kids
- Includes: Canvas Tote, Large 22-ounce watering can, Gardening Gloves, Rake, Shovel, & Fork
- Colorful & Lightweight
Dan&Darci Paint & Plant Flower Growing Kit
- Includes: Pot, Plastic Liner, Soil, 3-Seed pack, 3-Wooden Plant Markers, Shovel, Watering Bottle & Paint Accessories
How to Choose the Best Gardening Kit for Kids?
Choosing kids gardening kit can be a difficult task. There are so many out there, and it can be hard to know which is the best kids gardening kit for your kids. Here are a few things to consider before you choose the gardening kit for kids:-
- Find out what your child’s interests are. Are they into flowers? Edible plants? Veggies? Fruit? Maybe they enjoy bugs!
- Find out what resources are available in your area. Kids can grow plants in a pot or garden, raised bed, or container garden. For younger children, in particular, several small gardening kits are available, making it easy for them to create their mini-garden anywhere at home. Consider a vertical garden if you want to challenge your garden kit for kids more.
- Consider having a family seed library. All family members can pick out seeds, plant them at home, record their progress and at the end, look back on how far their plants grew and what they learned from it.
- Is Gardening Good for Children? Why Kids Gardening Kit?
- One of the best things about kids gardening kit is that they will teach your kids an appreciation for nature. They are learning about plants, caring for them, and growing a sense of responsibility.
- A kids garden kit can be beneficial on so many levels! It’s not just good for kids, but for parents as well. Gardening is a great way to spend time with kids and teach them about life – without the worries of TV or video games!
- A kids gardening kit will include everything they need to start their little garden. This includes things like seeds, pots, soil, etc. It’s simple enough so kids can do the work themselves but still understand what’s happening in their little garden.
- There are so many kids gardening kit to choose from! This blog post reviews the top kids gardening kit you and your kids will love.
Top 6 Best Kids Gardening Kit for Kids Review
Here are the top 6 kids gardening kit with a brief description!
1. G & F Just For Kids – Kids Gardening Kit (Best Feature)
- Strong wooden handles with thick metal tool heads. Overall sturdy and durable.
- Recommended for five years and up.
- This kids gardening kit includes: 1 Shovel, 1 Rake, 1 Hoe, and 1 Leaf Rake
- Each tool is up to a 27.5-inch height
- Stronger & thicker metal heads are applicable for older kids to play with.
- Sturdy compared to other kids gardening tools
- Plastic handles provide extra safety for kids
- The metal edges are sharp, so it will be useful if a child wanders to dig and garden.
2. Kinderific Gardening Set, Tool Kit For Kids (Best Price)
Kinderific Gardening Set, Tool Kit; Includes Tote Bag, Spade, Watering Can, Rake, Fork, Trowel, and Glove.
- All tools are child-friendly, colorful, and lightweight
- The tools are of good quality.
- This set is good for safely teaching kids the basics of gardening and excitingly.
- It comes with a bright canvas tote, and large 22-ounce watering can, gardening gloves, a rake, a shovel, and a fork. Each tool is made with high-quality wooden handles and metalheads.
- All tools are colorful and lightweight.
- Good quality products
- The wooden handles are sturdy
- It comes with a tote to keep everything organized
- The watering can is a bit hit!
- The tools are made of metal, so they may not be very safe for young children.
- The metal watering can rust easily.
3. Dan&Darci Paint & Plant Flower Growing Kit (Best Feature)
- A fun and educational gift for all ages
- It comes with a beautiful instruction booklet
- This kit includes everything you need to start growing your flower: Tin Planter (12 * 4.5 * 4 inches), plastic liner, soil, three seed packets, 6-color paint strip, two paintbrushes, paint palette, three wooden plant markers, shovel, watering bottle.
- It includes seeds of Marigold, Cosmos, and Zinnia flowers with vibrant colors and pleasant scents. You and your child can paint the planter and plant markers together and see these flowers flourish.
- You can even use the paints included in this kit to decorate your flower pots!
- The Paint & Plant Flower Growing Kit is an educational toy that teaches children about the science of plant growth. It’s a fun way to learn about flowers, plants, and nature!
- Good quality craft projects
- The packaging is vibrant and pretty
- Easy to assemble
- The size is a little smaller than expected.
4. Innocheer Kids Gardening Kit
- This kit comes with kids gardening guide.
- Safe for kids.
- The set includes 18 child’s gardening tools: a tote; shovel, rake; fork; kids smock, watering can, kid-sized gloves, a gardening guide, four plant pots, four plant tags, and two packs of cute stickers.
- The guide teaches kids to plant potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, and strawberries, motivating children about nature and developing healthy eating habits by growing plants, fruits, and vegetables.
- The plastic handles are ideal for kids’ hands, while metalheads are not sharp and are built to last long.
- This could be a perfect gardening gift for your pre-school age, kindergarten, boys, or girls who enjoy playing in the yard and outdoors.
- Highly durable.
- It also comes with a smock and gloves.
- The set includes a guide on how your kids can optimize their plant’s growth.
- This product has a 5 out of 5-star review and is the best overall!
5. Born Toys Kids Gardening Kit
- This kit is washable
- Good quality and durable
- This kids gardening kit includes an apron with pockets, a hat, a real water sprayer, a kids shovel, kids gardening gloves, and a garden bag.
- The apron, gloves, and bags are washable. Thus easy to clean up
- The hat has an adjustable drawstring for easy fitting!
- Suitable for kids ages three and above
- All items are made from high-quality materials
- All items are washable.
- These are nice toys, but the sizes of the toys are small.
6. Creativity for Kids Enchanted Fairy Garden Craft Kit
- Safe for kids
- Perfect unique gift for girls who love fairy crafts
- This kids gardening kit includes: an 11″ diameter flower-shaped paintable potting dish, an enchanted flower house, gemstones, flowers, butterflies, paint, potting mix, and seeds that grow like magic
- Comes with a seed mix of wheatgrass and beans. These seeds can begin to sprout in as little as 2-4 days.
- The Enchanted Fairy Gardening kit includes non-toxic materials and conforms to ASTM D-4236.
- This kit comes with a container and decorating very cute accessories.
- The bean plant seeds sprout in just a few days and are very easy to care for!
- The pot does not have drainage, so you may need to make one yourself!
7. FUNZBO Flower Garden Building STEM Toys
- Perfect gift for girls
- Made with non-toxic and child-friendly materials
- This kids gardening kit includes 98 pieces of flower components and one cute kettle.
- It comes with colorful packaging, perfect for kids.
- A child can make hundreds of possible flower arrangements with all the interchangeable pieces.
- Each piece of the flower toy set is colored vibrantly to help stimulate visual sense and color recognition.
- Greatly develop creativity and imagination in children.
- Creative, fun, and imaginative garden set.
- Colorful and easy to assemble
- Products may be smaller than expected
- It does not have a storage box to put all the pieces together
How Do I Get My Kids Into Gardening?
- Take kids to a local garden or organic grocer so they can see the plants and flowers in person.
- They’ll be more excited about growing their own when they know what it takes!
- Read books (and plant-related stories) aloud with kids – you may find that you enjoy gardening too while reading these yourself!
- Learn about edible vegetables, fruits, and herbs. Kids with more knowledge about what they’re growing will be more excited to plant!
- If kids are interested in gardening, a kids’ gardening kit is the perfect way to get them started. These kits contain everything kids need to grow their plants and vegetables!
Where to buy seeds for a kid-friendly garden?
The best place to buy a kid-friendly garden kit is from a kids gardening store, local nursery, hardware store, or online.
What is the best vegetable for kids to grow?
Young kids will love growing vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers, and zucchini because they are easy for kids to grow!
How do you start a vegetable garden for kids?
Kids vegetable garden kits can be purchased from a kids gardening store or amazon.
What are the best tools for kids to garden with?
The best tools for kids to use when working in their own kid’s vegetable garden are a shovel, rake, and spade. These items will help them start digging holes and removing weeds. Kids gardening kit are a great place to teach your kids about gardening.
What do you need to know about letting your kids care for their herb garden?
Kids will love caring for their herb garden and harvesting the herbs. Your kids must be supervised when working with tools or gardening outside because of safety hazards.
How to master gardening? Download these essential home and gardening ebooks today!